- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
All-new, 38 MPG 2013 Nissan Altima heads to showrooms
The all-new 2013 Nissan Altima, the first of five all-new models Nissan will introduce in the next 15 months, is on the way to dealers as of yesterday, the same day Nissan began production at its second U.S. assembly plant in Canton, Miss. By the end of this year, both plants will operate three shifts each to maximize production of the country's second best-selling car.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has also just certified the 2013 Nissan Altima as the most fuel-efficient gasoline mid-size car in America, with ratings of 27 mpg city, 38 mpg highway and 31 mpg combined. The 4-cylinder Altima, with a standard 18-gallon fuel tank, is capable of going up to 684 miles on a single tank of fuel - one of the best of any gasoline-only automobiles in America.
"This is a huge day for the Nissan brand as we ramp up production and begin shipping the new, fuel-efficient Altimas to our dealers," said Bill Krueger, vice chairman, Nissan Americas. "The new Altima is a game-changer for the mid-size market and our dealers can't wait to share it with our customers."
The release of the new Altima comes in advance of the vehicle's official on-sale date of late June, allowing Nissan dealers the opportunity to conduct test drives with potential customers. Nissan has experienced unprecedented interest in the new model with 1.5 million individuals visiting a pre-order website created to deliver information about the new car and gauge interest in early orders. More than 30,000 customers have expressed an interest in the car through the pre-order website, which also offers those placing an order a complimentary three-year scheduled maintenance program valued at $700 (see details on nissanusa.com).
The offer remains available on the site, www.nissanusa.com/all-new-altima through June. Prices for the 2013 Nissan Altima start at $21,500 USD.
When the all-new Altima sedans equipped with a 2.5-liter four cylinder engine and new Xtronic Continuously Variable Transmission leave the assembly plants, they will carry a window sticker declaring the best-in-segment EPA fuel economy rating of 38 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway. The EPA fuel economy certification is as follows: 2.5-liter I-4 Altima EPA Fuel Economy: City - 27 mpg; Overall - 31 mpg; Highway - 38 mpg.
In addition to its unprecedented fuel economy performance, Altima offers numerous segment exclusive attributes and Nissan signature innovations, including:
• Ride comfort, control and fun-to-drive demeanor, including better 0 - 60 mph acceleration than other top-selling mid-size sedans as demonstrated in independent third party testing.
• Available Next-generation Safety Shield Technologies, including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) systems using an innovative single rear camera.
• Easy-Fill Tire Alert, which sounds the car horn to notify a person filling a tire with air when the tire reaches recommended tire pressure - no gauge needed.
• Headlights that automatically switch on when the windshield wipers are in use.
• Windshield wipers that park themselves off the windshield when the vehicle is turned off with the wipers on and in mid-cycle.
• Upscale interior rivaling premium luxury sedans, including NASA-inspired "zero-gravity" seats, an Advanced Drive-Assist Display and BOSE Premium Audio System.
• Standard Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone system and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth.
• Advanced Drive-Assist Display with 4-inch color screen standard on every model, which is customizable, easy-to-use and integrates key information right in front of the driver.
• World-first multi-link rear suspension with connect bushings and Sachs damper to deliver outstanding handling.
Active Understeer Control, which uses advanced electronic stability control algorithms to improve cornering and provide a more confident driving experience.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Increase in battlefield deaths linked to new rules of engagement in Afghanistan
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!