- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Higgins: Sloan out of running for Bobcats job
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Charlotte Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins says Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan notified the team he has pulled out of the running for the head coaching position.
Higgins wasn't necessarily surprised, saying Friday, "It's all part of the process and I'm sure it's happened before."
Charlotte settled this week on three finalists for the job _ Sloan, Indiana Pacers assistant coach Brian Shaw and Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Quin Snyder. Higgins says both Shaw and Snyder had second interviews this week that included team owner Michael Jordan and the meetings went well, calling them "impressive candidates."
However, Higgins says neither has been offered the position.
SI.com first reported Thursday night that Sloan had taken himself out of the running for the job.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.