- Signs of life beyond Earth could be found within 10 years
- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- Rob Ford gets D.C. sports radio gig: Toronto’s crack-smoking mayor will make NFL picks
- Israel mulls gift of West Bank land to Palestinians
- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- Pentagon weighing ‘second start’ for overexposed youth in social media
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
EURO 2012 LIVE: England 0, Italy 0
Question of the Day
2254: A teasing cross aimed at Nocerino from Diamanti cutting in from the right evades the intended target but hits the outside of the far post, with Hart scrambling across his line to get there. Italy close again, although this time unintentionally.
2243: Henderson comes on for England’s Parker.
2241: England gets the first 15-minute period of extra time underway. Nocerino tries his luck from 30 yards but the ball is way over the bar. Low key start from both sides.
2234: FULL TIME: ENGLAND 0-0 ITALY. There will now be 30 minutes of extra-time.
2233: Rooney tries a close-range overhead kick in front of goal but connects with his toe and the ball flies high over the bar.
2231: There will be three minutes of injury time.
2230: With seconds left of normal time, there’s a great last-ditch interception from Johnson to deny Nocerino.
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Issa: FBI impeding inquiry into IRS targeting of conservative groups
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Last call: State Dept. bought $180,000 in liquor before shutdown
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- EDITORIAL: Motor City meltdown
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.