- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
EURO 2012 LIVE: England 0, Italy 0
Question of the Day
2219: Andy Carroll wins a free kick for England 40 yards from goal and Gerrard curls the ball into the penalty area, aiming for Rooney. The ball is just too high for the forward though but, as he misses it, Gerrard’s delivery looks, for a moment, as though it could creep inside the near post itself. Buffon reaches it in time, though, and stops the danger.
2215: Steven Gerrard has gone down holding his left leg. The physio came on and the England captain receives treatment before walking off the pitch, despite a stretcher being brought on for him. Worrying signs for England fans, but Gerrard manages to come back on the field of play. That said, he’s looking tired out there.
2211: 68 minutes played here and it remains goalless. Italy is still enjoying most of the possession but the English are proving difficult to break down, with John Terry throwing himself at everything.
2205: Italy enjoying the majority of possession still and Pirlo is finding a bit of space in the midfield area. Hodgson will be hoping that the introduction of Walcott means the Arsenal player can provide an outlet on the right wing and help England hit on the counter attack.
2201: Double substitution for England with Andy Carroll and Theo Walcott coming on for Danny Welbeck and James Milner.
2155: Three chances fall to Italy. De Rossi tries his luck from 25 yards and gets closer to scoring than he did in the six yard area as Hart has to beat the ball away. It lands at the feet of Balotelli, who shoots straight at the body of Hart before the rebound is prodded over by Riccardo Montolivo who was only a few yards out. How are the Italians not ahead?
2151: De Rossi misses a great chance for Italy who should really be 1-0 ahead. Pirlo delivers a deep corner into the area that is punched away by Hart. The ball is headed back into the mix and drops perfectly to De Rossi who volleys wide, on the turn, from around six yards out. He was under no pressure from the England defense but the chance goes begging when the midfielder had the goal at his mercy.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq