- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Yankees put CC Sabathia on DL with groin strain
Question of the Day
Sabathia, meanwhile, has been an anchor for the Yankees. His 105 strikeouts lead the team and his 8.8 per nine innings are best among the team’s starters _ and better than all but relievers Boone Logan and Cory Wade. This is his first trip to the DL with the Yankees.
“You just can’t take a chance with him,” Pettitte said. “He’s our horse.”
Sabathia was hoping to miss only one start and avoid going on the DL. If it had been September or October in the midst of a pennant race, that likely would have been the case. But in June and with the Yankees in first place, general manager Brian Cashman said there’s no need for the Yankees to put their ace at risk of aggravating the injury.
“It was a one-way conversation,” Cashman said. “I did all the talking. I know what he wants to do, but this is what we’re going to do.”
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
White House pets gone wild!