- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Tuning in to TV: CBS News producer Rosenbaum dies at 64
CBS News reported that Mr. Rosenbaum died Thursday in New York of a brain tumor.
He was a producer for “60 Minutes” and the “CBS Evening News.” He retired from CBS News in 2008 after 27 years.
New Larry King show gets earlier launch date
Larry King said Thursday that his talk show will resume this summer on the new digital network Ora.TV, earlier than he or the network had anticipated.
The show “Larry King Now” will mark the startup of the network financed by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim. Executives originally had intended to launch in the fall.
But Mr. King said he wanted to “get into the political mix.” The Democratic and Republican national conventions to name presidential nominees are this summer.
Mr. King said he expected the format of his show to be similar to “Larry King Live,” which aired on CNN in prime time for 25 years, and he’s retained much of his old production staff.
Fresh episodes will be posted online about 5 or 6 p.m., although viewers will be able to watch it whenever they want.
BET’s 'The Game' loses another lead actor
BET’s hit series “The Game” has lost another star: Pooch Hall isn’t returning for the show’s sixth season.
Tia Mowry announced earlier in the week that she is not returning to the series.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Colorado revolt: 55 of 62 sheriffs refuse to enforce new gun laws
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- U.S. downplays Saudi prince's criticism of Obama's Middle East policies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow