- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
- Sen. Murphy: Putin ‘making this up as we go along’
- Ron Paul: ‘Washington does not care about our privacy’
- Paris bans cars, trucks from city to stave off smog
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- Six Flags denies ride, then refund, to prosthetic-wearing veteran
- Russia TV warns U.S.: We can bomb you to ‘radioactive ash’
- Delta’s Boeing 757 airplane loses wing panel during flight
- Navy SEALS take control of hijacked oil tanker
Security at pro-choice White House counts unborn children
The pro-choice Obama White House requires pregnant visitors to count their unborn child as a person for tours of the executive mansion.
An email explaining the policy was sent by Ellie Schafer, director of the White House’s visitors office, and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon. In it, she tells a congressional staffer that the White House has “received a number of calls regarding how to enter security information for a baby that has not yet been born.”
“Crazy as it may sound, you MUST include the baby in the overall count of guests in the tour,” the email stated. “It’s an easy process.”
The missive instructs guests to list the following for unborn children:
“LAST NAME: The family’s last name.
FIRST NAME: ‘Baby’ as a first name.
MIDDLE NAME: NMN as in No Middle Name.
DOB: Use the date you are submitting the request to us as their birthday.
GENDER: If the parents know put the gender down if not, you can enter either M or F as we’ll ask you to update it at the time of birth.
SOCIAL: As they will not have a SSN and are under 18, you will not need to enter this field. Again if the spreadsheet asked for a social enter 9 zero’s (not the word nine zeros but 000000000 and yes it happens!)
CITIZEN/CITY/STATE: The citizen, city and state should be entered the same as the parents.”
A spokesman for the Secret Service said all visitors to the White House are required to provide identification “regardless of age,” and that the policy for an unborn child takes into account that a child might be born between the time parents request a tour and the time that the tour actually takes place.
Requiring parents to register their unborn child “serves as a placeholder,” spokesman Max Milien said. He said the policy helps “to expedite the process” when parents arrive for a tour with a baby who has been born recently.
“It is ironic that President Obama’s staff recognizes the existence of unborn babies for purposes of providing security within the White House — yet, there is no indication that President Obama has any problem with the fact that throughout the District of Columbia, abortion is now legal for any reason up to the moment of birth,” Mr. Johnson said in a statement.
Mr. Johnson noted that a House Judiciary subcommittee will hold a hearing May 17 on legislation that would prohibit abortion in the sixth month and later in the District.
“If the president wants to provide for the security of the unborn child immediately outside of the White House gates, as well as inside, he should endorse this bill,” he said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Dave Boyer is a White House correspondent for The Washington Times. A native of Allentown, Pa., Boyer worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer from 2002 to 2011 and also has covered Congress for the Times. He is a graduate of Penn State University. Boyer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Despite Obama's praise for higher pay, The Gap Inc. has spotty record on sweatshops
- Bill Clinton struggled to address Islamic extremism: documents
- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- Hillary Clinton staying mum on 2008 cash tied to D.C. convict
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama and Boehner congratulate U.S. men's hockey on win over Russia
- Americans say income gap will shrink if government butts out, poll shows
- WH spokesman Jay Carney recognizes beard's 'insufficiency,' shaves it off
- Obama misses deadline again on budget
- Biden burns rubber in driveway, laments road restrictions
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Navy SEALS take control of hijacked oil tanker
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014