- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Zadzooks: Halo 4 review
Master Chief makes a triumphant return
Question of the Day
Next, the new Spartan OPS offers solo and co-operative, episodic online action tied to the soldiering life of a player’s customized Spartan warrior. Specifically, five episodes with five missions each released online weekly (starting Nov. 6) offering a story dated six months after the events of Halo 4.
Additionally, the map creating toolset within Forge is back for players to build and challenge their friends in customized terrain.
Final thoughts: Despite being weighed down by one of the most-hyped, genre-defining franchises in the history of gaming, Halo 4 manages to maintain a wonderful sense of adventure and excitement throughout its bountiful package. It not only gives fans an emotional journey but what they most wanted, control of Master Chief, while pushing the envelope in the evolution of gaming cinema and its dramatic storytelling.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
A graduate of Northwestern University with a degree in communications, Joseph Szadkowski has written about popular culture for The Washington Times for the past 17 years. He covers video games, comic books, new media and technology.
- ZADZOOKS: Sniper Elite III review
- Zadzooks: Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season Six review (Blu-ray)
- Zadzooks: Valiant Hearts: The Great War review
- Zadzooks: Transformers: Age of Extinction toys review
- Zadzooks: Transformers: Age of Extinction Grimlock review
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq