- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
Get Out: ‘Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present’
Tuesday through Dec. 12, 2014, at the National Museum of American History, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue Northwest.
Holidays: Downtown Holiday Market
This week, many people look forward to waking up before dawn the day after Thanksgiving to wait in line for discounted DVD players even more than they enjoy leftover stuffing and pumpkin pie. In fact, some of the big-box stores are even opening on Thanksgiving, with some controversy, for those who want to get a head-start on holiday shopping. If the Black Friday sales don’t excite you – or if you simply want to find more personal presents than generic scarves and electronics – the Eighth Annual Downtown Holiday Market may be more your speed. With more than 180 local and regional vendors, the outdoor market takes over several blocks in Penn Quarter starting Tuesday, with wares ranging from holiday crafts to handmade jewelry and accessories to gift-appropriate foods. The market also will feature musical entertainment and food and beverages to help you get in the holiday spirit.
Through Dec. 23 at Eighth and F streets Northwest.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.