- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Get Out: ‘Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present’
Tuesday through Dec. 12, 2014, at the National Museum of American History, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue Northwest.
Holidays: Downtown Holiday Market
This week, many people look forward to waking up before dawn the day after Thanksgiving to wait in line for discounted DVD players even more than they enjoy leftover stuffing and pumpkin pie. In fact, some of the big-box stores are even opening on Thanksgiving, with some controversy, for those who want to get a head-start on holiday shopping. If the Black Friday sales don’t excite you – or if you simply want to find more personal presents than generic scarves and electronics – the Eighth Annual Downtown Holiday Market may be more your speed. With more than 180 local and regional vendors, the outdoor market takes over several blocks in Penn Quarter starting Tuesday, with wares ranging from holiday crafts to handmade jewelry and accessories to gift-appropriate foods. The market also will feature musical entertainment and food and beverages to help you get in the holiday spirit.
Through Dec. 23 at Eighth and F streets Northwest.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Six Senate seats could hinge on Keystone pipeline
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again