“I know the feeling of missing family and friends while on deployment,” says U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Patricia E. Wolfe, acting commander. “Our workforce takes great pride in ensuring deployed war fighters have a taste of the holidays while they are protecting our freedoms.”
The agency began work in 1800 as the Schuylkill Arsenal in Philadelphia, incidentally, and now annually distributes $14 billion a year in food, uniforms, protective equipment, medical supplies, repair parts and equipment to troops.
POLL DU JOUR
• 72 percent of U.S. voters say President Obama should “work with” Republican leaders; 93 percent of Republicans and 54 percent of Democrats agree.
• 67 percent of voters overall say Republican leaders should work with Mr. Obama; 46 percent of Republicans and 89 percent of Democrats agree.
• 26 percent of voters overall say GOP leaders should “stand up” to Mr. Obama; 50 percent of Republicans and 7 percent of Democrats agree.
• 21 percent of voters overall say Mr. Obama should “stand up” to GOP leaders; 3 percent of Republicans and 42 percent of Democrats agree.
• 31 percent of voters overall say partisan relations will improve in the next year; 16 percent of Republicans and 47 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A Pew Research Center poll of 1,206 U.S. voters conducted Nov. 8-11.
• Tip line always open at email@example.com