- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Inside the Beltway: Staying conservative
“I know the feeling of missing family and friends while on deployment,” says U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Patricia E. Wolfe, acting commander. “Our workforce takes great pride in ensuring deployed war fighters have a taste of the holidays while they are protecting our freedoms.”
The agency began work in 1800 as the Schuylkill Arsenal in Philadelphia, incidentally, and now annually distributes $14 billion a year in food, uniforms, protective equipment, medical supplies, repair parts and equipment to troops.
POLL DU JOUR
• 72 percent of U.S. voters say President Obama should “work with” Republican leaders; 93 percent of Republicans and 54 percent of Democrats agree.
• 67 percent of voters overall say Republican leaders should work with Mr. Obama; 46 percent of Republicans and 89 percent of Democrats agree.
• 26 percent of voters overall say GOP leaders should “stand up” to Mr. Obama; 50 percent of Republicans and 7 percent of Democrats agree.
• 21 percent of voters overall say Mr. Obama should “stand up” to GOP leaders; 3 percent of Republicans and 42 percent of Democrats agree.
• 31 percent of voters overall say partisan relations will improve in the next year; 16 percent of Republicans and 47 percent of Democrats agree.
Source: A Pew Research Center poll of 1,206 U.S. voters conducted Nov. 8-11.
• Tip line always open at email@example.com
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- New Benghazi investigation published on the 18-month anniversary of the attack
- Inside the Beltway: GOP determined to find out who's behind Clinton lockdown
- Inside the Beltway: A sampler of CPAC wisdom
- Historian: Valdimir Putin using Peter the Great tactics
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again