- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
College football: Nothing is as it appears to be
Lane Kiffin. Sure, he got a vote of confidence from athletic director Pat Haden, but what a massively disappointing season it has been for Southern California and their perpetually-in-the-headlines coach. Kiffin and the Trojans fell to 7-4 after stumbling 38-28 at UCLA — a team they beat 50-0 just a year ago. Southern Cal closes the regular season Saturday against Notre Dame.
Jeff Tedford. Was Saturday’s 62-14 loss to Oregon State the final stand for Tedford? It’s hard to say. In 11 seasons at California, Tedford has presided over only two losing seasons and an 82-57 record overall. Trouble is, the Golden Bears went 3-9 this season and dropped their last five.
Iowa. There will be no postseason appearance for the Hawkeyes, who fell to 4-7 with a 42-17 loss to Michigan. Iowa is assured its worst season since 2000, and its victory total is now assured of declining for the third consecutive year despite a decidedly down season in the Big Ten.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.