- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
College football: Nothing is as it appears to be
Question of the Day
Lane Kiffin. Sure, he got a vote of confidence from athletic director Pat Haden, but what a massively disappointing season it has been for Southern California and their perpetually-in-the-headlines coach. Kiffin and the Trojans fell to 7-4 after stumbling 38-28 at UCLA — a team they beat 50-0 just a year ago. Southern Cal closes the regular season Saturday against Notre Dame.
Jeff Tedford. Was Saturday’s 62-14 loss to Oregon State the final stand for Tedford? It’s hard to say. In 11 seasons at California, Tedford has presided over only two losing seasons and an 82-57 record overall. Trouble is, the Golden Bears went 3-9 this season and dropped their last five.
Iowa. There will be no postseason appearance for the Hawkeyes, who fell to 4-7 with a 42-17 loss to Michigan. Iowa is assured its worst season since 2000, and its victory total is now assured of declining for the third consecutive year despite a decidedly down season in the Big Ten.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at email@example.com.
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world