- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Matt Schaub throws career-high 5 TDs, rallies Texans past Jaguars
Question of the Day
Schaub then threw two touchdown passes to tight end Garrett Graham in the final 5:39 to force overtime.
Shayne Graham and Josh Scobee kicked field goals in overtime and, for a while, it looked like NFL would have its second tie in two weeks. San Francisco and St. Louis finished 24-24 last week.
Henne threw incomplete on fourth-and-10 from the Houston 47, and the Texans regained possession with 2:30 left in OT.Schaub saw the perfect defense for a receiver screen pass to Johnson, who took the pass and sprinted untouched down the right sideline to end it.
“We got what we wanted,” Schaub said, “and ‘Dre did the rest.”
Johnson surpassed his own single-game records for receptions and yards receiving. Kubiak thinks those records may stand for a while.
“I don’t know if that one will ever be touched,” Kubiak said. “That was special from the Texans standpoint.”
Gabbert left in the first quarter with a bruised right elbow. Mularkey said last week that he was sticking with Gabbert as his starter, but he may have to go with Henne now. He didn’t have an update on Gabbert’s injury after the game and will decide later whether to start Gabbert next week.
With Henne guiding the offense, Jacksonville had 238 yards by halftime.
“You’ve just got to always be prepared and ready to go in,” Henne said. “I’ve been preparing these last couple weeks like I’ve got to be the starter, and any time he (Gabbert) goes down, just jump in and hopefully not lose a step.”
NOTES: Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew missed his fourth straight game with a strained left foot. … LB Paul Posluzny took four stitches on his forehead after being injured in overtime. … The Texans finished with franchise record 640 total yards. … Texans backup running back Ben Tate sat out for the third straight game with a hamstring injury. … Johnson went over 100 yards receiving for the 41st time. … Texans CB Johnathan Joseph left in the second half with a hamstring injury.
By William C. Triplett II
America's bright fuel future faces a hostile White House
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow