- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Price, details of Surface models from Microsoft
There are two models of the Surface, one with a low-energy processor featuring Windows RT, and another with an Intel processor featuring Windows 8 Pro.
Here are the specs for both tablets:
_Windows RT version of Surface
Weight: About 1.5 lbs. (676 grams)
Thickness: 9.3 mm
Screen: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType HD Display
Connections: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
Storage options: 32 Gigabytes and 64 Gigabytes
Price: $499 for 32 GB version, $699 for 64 GB version.
Availability: Sales began Oct. 26 at Microsoft’s stores and website.
Extras: Touch Cover, which has working, printed keyboard on inside surface but whose keys don’t move when pushed, will cost $100 extra when purchased with the 32 GB version (It’s $120 if bought separately). It’s included with 64 GB version. Type Cover, with keys that move, costs $130.
_ Windows 8 Pro version of Surface
Weight: About 2 lbs. (903 grams)
Thickness: 13.5 mm
Clear: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType Full HD Display
Connections: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
Storage options: 64 GB and 128 GB
Price: Not yet announced.
Availability: Not yet announced.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again