- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Price, details of Surface models from Microsoft
There are two models of the Surface, one with a low-energy processor featuring Windows RT, and another with an Intel processor featuring Windows 8 Pro.
Microsoft has released prices on only the RT version, which is already available for sale. The Intel version will come months later.
Here are the specs for both tablets:
_Windows RT version of Surface
Weight: About 1.5 lbs. (676 grams)
Thickness: 9.3 mm
Screen: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType HD Display
Connections: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
Storage options: 32 Gigabytes and 64 Gigabytes
Price: $499 for 32 GB version, $699 for 64 GB version.
Availability: Sales began Oct. 26 at Microsoft's stores and website.
Extras: Touch Cover, which has working, printed keyboard on inside surface but whose keys don't move when pushed, will cost $100 extra when purchased with the 32 GB version (It's $120 if bought separately). It's included with 64 GB version. Type Cover, with keys that move, costs $130.
_ Windows 8 Pro version of Surface
Weight: About 2 lbs. (903 grams)
Thickness: 13.5 mm
Clear: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType Full HD Display
Connections: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
Storage options: 64 GB and 128 GB
Price: Not yet announced.
Availability: Not yet announced.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.