- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
Price, details of Surface models from Microsoft
Question of the Day
There are two models of the Surface, one with a low-energy processor featuring Windows RT, and another with an Intel processor featuring Windows 8 Pro.
Microsoft has released prices on only the RT version, which is already available for sale. The Intel version will come months later.
Here are the specs for both tablets:
_Windows RT version of Surface
Weight: About 1.5 lbs. (676 grams)
Thickness: 9.3 mm
Screen: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType HD Display
Connections: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro HD Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
Storage options: 32 Gigabytes and 64 Gigabytes
Price: $499 for 32 GB version, $699 for 64 GB version.
Availability: Sales began Oct. 26 at Microsoft's stores and website.
Extras: Touch Cover, which has working, printed keyboard on inside surface but whose keys don't move when pushed, will cost $100 extra when purchased with the 32 GB version (It's $120 if bought separately). It's included with 64 GB version. Type Cover, with keys that move, costs $130.
_ Windows 8 Pro version of Surface
Weight: About 2 lbs. (903 grams)
Thickness: 13.5 mm
Clear: 10.6 inches (diagonal) with ClearType Full HD Display
Connections: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort Video, 2x2 MIMO antennae (for wireless communications)
Storage options: 64 GB and 128 GB
Price: Not yet announced.
Availability: Not yet announced.
TWT Video Picks
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq