- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Balancing wins and losses with dollars and cents
_ It has no BCS implications, but the Sun Belt championship will be decided in Jonesboro, Ark., on Saturday when Middle Tennessee (8-3, 6-1) faces Arkansas State (8-3, 6-1). Both will be heading to bowl games.
_ With the hirings and firings at this time of year also comes the squelching of speculation and rumors. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher and Boise State’s Chris Petersen spent part of their Mondays batting aside questions about other jobs.
_ Yes, if things break a certain way this weekend, the Orange Bowl could be Kent State against Georgia Tech.
_ Speaking of the MAC, Kent State plays Northern Illinois in an intriguing conference title game that could also impact the Heisman Trophy race. Huskies quarterback Jordan Lynch is third in the nation in total offense at 363 yards per game, 20 less than Manziel. Lynch is more bullish and less elusive than Manziel as a runner, but every bit as effective with 10 straight 100-yard games.
“How long does he have?” _ Former Colorado coach Jon Embree when asked if the next coach of the Buffaloes can turn the program around.
Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.