- Outrage as Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
- India top court rules homosexuality is illegal
The Washington Times’ 2012-13 college basketball previews
Dez Wells’ addition upgrades Maryland into contender: Mark Turgeon summoned swingman Dez Wells on Wednesday morning, news from Indianapolis in hand. Also in the room were the administrators who worked on Wells’ appeal for immediate eligibility. (http://wtim.es/TO1xGR)
Brenda Frese planted seeds for success with Maryland women’s basketball: There were moments, Brenda Frese can concede now, when she wondered just what she’d gotten herself into after she arrived at Maryland in 2002. (http://wtim.es/Uc4CwC) | Synopsis: (http://wtim.es/Tw6xeO)
New Hoyas women’s coach Keith Brown isn’t a stranger to teaching: Before Keith Brown was coach Brown of the Georgetown women’s basketball program, he was Mr. Brown, a sixth-grade teacher in Prince George’s County. (http://wtim.es/UyzF6b) | Synopsis: (http://wtim.es/WHqWpw)
Atlantic 10 Conference: (http://wtim.es/Sxvwj0)
Atlantic Coast Conference: (http://wtim.es/PHnZ4a)
Big East Conference: (http://wtim.es/TOaY9k)
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference: (http://wtim.es/PHnWoQ)
Patriot League: (http://wtim.es/YSJO34)
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow