- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
BYU suspends 2 football players amid investigation
Question of the Day
PROVO, UTAH (AP) - Two members of Brigham Young's football team have been suspended from the team and withdrawn from school amid an investigation into an assault at a Provo restaurant.
Head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced in a statement that senior defensive back Joe Sampson and sophomore linebacker Zac Stout have been suspended for violating team rules. Both players have withdrawn from BYU (5-4) and will not return this season.
Sampson started eight games this year at safety and had 33 tackles. Stout appeared in one game at inside linebacker and had one tackle.
The Provo Police Department said Friday it was investigating the alleged assault that was reported early the morning of Nov. 1. The department said there were allegations that members of the football team were involved.
No charges have been filed.
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors