- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
‘NBA 2K13’ tops video games titles in October
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. retail sales of new video game hardware, software and accessories fell 25 percent in October, marking the 11th straight month of declining sales for physical game products, according to a report from NPD Group.
Many gamers are waiting for big holiday releases such as Activision's "Call of Duty: Black Ops II."
NPD said sales fell to $755.5 million from $1 billion a year earlier. Sales of video games themselves, excluding PC titles, fell 25 percent to $432.6 million. Sales of hardware such as Microsoft's Xbox 360 fell 37 percent to $187.3 million. Sales of accessories, meanwhile, grew 5 percent to $135.6 million.
Thursday's study from NPD Group tracks sales of new physical products _ about 50 percent of the total spending. Excluded are sales of used games and rentals as well as digital and social-network spending.
NPD also listed the top-selling games in October:
1. "NBA 2K13," Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.
2. "Resident Evil 6," Capcom USA
3. "Pokemon Black Version 2," Nintendo Co.
4. "Dishonored," Bethesda Softworks
5. "Pokemon White Version 2," Nintendo Co.
6. "Madden NFL 13," Electronic Arts Inc.
7. "FIFA Soccer 13," Electronic Arts Inc.
8. "Medal of Honor: Warfighter," Electronic Arts Inc.
9. "Borderlands 2," Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.
10. "Skylander Giants," Activision Blizzard Inc.
By Michael P. Orsi
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- Sebelius adds another Obamacare exemption
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow