- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Audi A3, A5 and Q7 Selected by IntelliChoice and AutoPacific as winners in the 2012 Motorist Choice
Question of the Day
Three Audi vehicles earned awards from the 2012 Motorist Choice Awards, presented by automotive industry research companies IntelliChoice and AutoPacific. The awards are designed to recognize those vehicles that reflect the awareness of the consumer and exemplify the results of practical analysis, such as total cost of ownership, resale value and fuel economy.
"It's a tremendous honor to have Audi recognized as the winner in three separate categories for the 2012 Motorist Choice Awards," said Scott Keogh, president, Audi of America. "These awards underscore Audi's unwavering focus on developing premium vehicles that are intelligent in design, progressive in technology, and unparalleled in performance."
The Audi A3 exudes a sporty, athletic style with short front and rear overhangs, while maintaining its Audi DNA that features a steeply raked windshield, forward-leaning roofline, signature Audi Singleframe grille and available Open Sky panoramic roof. The A3 is available in two powertrain choices: the 2.0 TDI clean diesel or 2.0TFSI. Both provide impressive power at 140 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque for the TDI, and 200 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque for the TFSI. Audi A3 fuel economy is admirable, particularly in the TDI with an EPA estimated 30 mpg city, 42 mpg highway and 34 mpg combined.
The only car in its class to offer quattro all-wheel drive, the Audi A5 is progressive engineering marvel. The award-winning 2.0 TFSI engine provides 211 horsepower and 258 lb-ft. of torque and combines Audi valvelift system, variable valve timing and TFSI direct injection. Design refinements give the A5 model-line athletic elegance, most noticeably with the available unmistakable Audi xenon plus lighting with LED daytime running lights and tail lamps. Available convenience technologies, such as Audi MMI Navigation plus and Audi music interface, add pure enjoyment to the driving experience. Entertainment is provided by an Audi six-channel stereo system with ten speakers, or an available Bang & Olufsen 505 - watt, 14 speaker sound system.
The seven-passenger Audi Q7 exceeds driver and passenger expectations for functionality and comfort. Drivers of the Q7 have the option of a gasoline turbocharged, fuel-injected 3.0 liter TFSI engine, or a fuel efficient, yet powerful, V6 turbocharged direct injection TDI clean diesel engine. With an ESP estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city / 25 mpg highway the Q7 provides a range of more than 600 miles on a full tank holding 26.4 gallons of fuel. The car also features the most advanced Audi technology available, including Audi connect with a rolling Wi-Fi Hotspot for up to eight devices and Google Voice Local Search. The Audi music interface with iPod/iPhone connectivity ensures a user friendly experience through the Audi MMI system. A luxurious premium interior includes adjustable rear middle seats, foldable seats in the third row, and available panoramic roof. Airbags including Sideguard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats ensures passenger safety.
The awards reflect the studies conducted by AutoPacific and IntelliChoice. For AutoPacific, interviews are conducted to over 75,000 automotive owners who have recently purchased a 2012 vehicle and cover 48 key attributes of the complete ownership experience. IntelliChoice monitors the cost of ownership figures of more than 1,800 model trim lines in order to provide the cost of ownership over five years. Combining the two allows to provide a superior means of evaluating "Best in Class" vehicles that align consumer shopping patterns with probability for both satisfaction and value.
TWT Video Picks
By Steve King
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid violent clashes between militias
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama: U.S. should 'embrace an economic patriotism that says we rise or fall together'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq