- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Audi A3, A5 and Q7 Selected by IntelliChoice and AutoPacific as winners in the 2012 Motorist Choice
Three Audi vehicles earned awards from the 2012 Motorist Choice Awards, presented by automotive industry research companies IntelliChoice and AutoPacific. The awards are designed to recognize those vehicles that reflect the awareness of the consumer and exemplify the results of practical analysis, such as total cost of ownership, resale value and fuel economy.
"It's a tremendous honor to have Audi recognized as the winner in three separate categories for the 2012 Motorist Choice Awards," said Scott Keogh, president, Audi of America. "These awards underscore Audi's unwavering focus on developing premium vehicles that are intelligent in design, progressive in technology, and unparalleled in performance."
The Audi A3 exudes a sporty, athletic style with short front and rear overhangs, while maintaining its Audi DNA that features a steeply raked windshield, forward-leaning roofline, signature Audi Singleframe grille and available Open Sky panoramic roof. The A3 is available in two powertrain choices: the 2.0 TDI clean diesel or 2.0TFSI. Both provide impressive power at 140 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque for the TDI, and 200 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque for the TFSI. Audi A3 fuel economy is admirable, particularly in the TDI with an EPA estimated 30 mpg city, 42 mpg highway and 34 mpg combined.
The only car in its class to offer quattro all-wheel drive, the Audi A5 is progressive engineering marvel. The award-winning 2.0 TFSI engine provides 211 horsepower and 258 lb-ft. of torque and combines Audi valvelift system, variable valve timing and TFSI direct injection. Design refinements give the A5 model-line athletic elegance, most noticeably with the available unmistakable Audi xenon plus lighting with LED daytime running lights and tail lamps. Available convenience technologies, such as Audi MMI Navigation plus and Audi music interface, add pure enjoyment to the driving experience. Entertainment is provided by an Audi six-channel stereo system with ten speakers, or an available Bang & Olufsen 505 - watt, 14 speaker sound system.
The seven-passenger Audi Q7 exceeds driver and passenger expectations for functionality and comfort. Drivers of the Q7 have the option of a gasoline turbocharged, fuel-injected 3.0 liter TFSI engine, or a fuel efficient, yet powerful, V6 turbocharged direct injection TDI clean diesel engine. With an ESP estimated fuel economy of 17 mpg city / 25 mpg highway the Q7 provides a range of more than 600 miles on a full tank holding 26.4 gallons of fuel. The car also features the most advanced Audi technology available, including Audi connect with a rolling Wi-Fi Hotspot for up to eight devices and Google Voice Local Search. The Audi music interface with iPod/iPhone connectivity ensures a user friendly experience through the Audi MMI system. A luxurious premium interior includes adjustable rear middle seats, foldable seats in the third row, and available panoramic roof. Airbags including Sideguard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats ensures passenger safety.
The awards reflect the studies conducted by AutoPacific and IntelliChoice. For AutoPacific, interviews are conducted to over 75,000 automotive owners who have recently purchased a 2012 vehicle and cover 48 key attributes of the complete ownership experience. IntelliChoice monitors the cost of ownership figures of more than 1,800 model trim lines in order to provide the cost of ownership over five years. Combining the two allows to provide a superior means of evaluating "Best in Class" vehicles that align consumer shopping patterns with probability for both satisfaction and value.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again