- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Greenberg to play Tuesday for Marlins
“If the kid is going to get a walk, please swing the bat 3-0, I will let you swing the bat. Make sure you don’t walk. If he gets a hit by a pitch he’s got to pray to somebody else because two big league at-bats getting hit by a pitch, that’s very bad luck. He better change religions because if you get hit by pitches in two at-bats, oh my gosh, you better go to church every two days.”
“I’m not going to pinch-hit him for the pitcher just because,” Guillen said. “If I need a base hit to take the lead or something, he will be out and then I will figure out another inning. I’m going to manage my team to win the game. I’ll figure out how to play him. … We shouldn’t have any problems.”
And if Greenberg’s at-bat is a success?
“I think if the kid gets a hit in the first at-bat, he might get another one,” Guillen said.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Russia should be booted from FIFA World Cup, senators say
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again