- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
C.J. Brown’s season may be over, but influence on Terps remains
Question of the Day
Brown believes he is “where I need to be right now” as he plots his return for next season. He won’t be Maryland’s only tested quarterback in 2013; Hills will presumably be back from his pending surgery, Rowe could play over the final five games and it is uncertain whether Burns will return to wideout.
Eventually, though, Brown plans to again make calls in College Park that go beyond heads or tails.
“It’s not an experience I want to remember, but it’ll be with me for the rest of my life,” Brown said as he looked toward the field inside Byrd. “When I get back out there, I’m sure I’ll go out there and stand there and run around that little area there. It’s just something that’s part of the game.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Patrick Stevens has covered Maryland and other Mid-Atlantic college sports for more than a decade. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Mason's defense dissipates in 84-74 loss to Northeastern
- Maryland's Pe'Shon Howard willing to let others put ball in the basket
- At 7-5, George Mason looks on the bright side entering CAA play
- Terps beat IUPUI, set for ACC after final tuneup
- Maryland's Jake Layman shows signs of progress in freshman season
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Panthers' DeAngelo Williams likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket -
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Obama bests Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper in pool match
- Obama ditching Hillary for 'Mini-Me' Elizabeth Warren: Edward Klein
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener