- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
Giants up 2-0 in 6th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
Question of the Day
Once again, Prince Fielder fails to come through for the Tigers.
With two runners on in the bottom of the first inning, the meaty slugger grounded into an inning-ending double play.
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt made a nice pick of a wide and low throw from shortstop Brandon Crawford, barely keeping his foot on the bag it appeared.
Fielder is 0 for 5 with runners on base in the World Series. He began the night hitting just .205 with a homer and three RBIs this postseason.
Game 3 is scoreless heading to the second inning. Both starters appear to be throwing pretty well.
The award was created in 1999 and this is the first time that the two recipients are facing each other in the World Series.
In addition to that news conference, Selig and Hall of Fame slugger Frank Robinson, a Triple Crown winner in 1966, presented Cabrera with the Triple Crown Award.
The World Series has shifted to Detroit, and we’re ready to go for Game 3.
It might be a little difficult to tear yourself away from all this entertaining college football on TV, but there’s a big baseball game on tap.
Detroit went 50-31 at home this year and 4-0 during the AL playoffs.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Sen. Max Baucus: Obamas choice for China ambassador
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Lists of top ten movies, songs, funny moments, fashion statements, automobiles, children's names, stupid celebrity moments, first dates, last dates, weddings, and much, much more.
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow