- Drug charges against husband of Va. daycare owner
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after ‘indication’ of Malaysian jet crash
- Vertical Group trader jumps in front of commuter train: report
- Brazilian goalkeeper who ordered girlfriend’s murder may be released to play soccer
- Harlem explosion death toll rises to 7; some still missing
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Gaza militants offer Israel cease-fire of rocket blasts
- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
Giants up 2-0 in 6th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
Once again, Prince Fielder fails to come through for the Tigers.
With two runners on in the bottom of the first inning, the meaty slugger grounded into an inning-ending double play.
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt made a nice pick of a wide and low throw from shortstop Brandon Crawford, barely keeping his foot on the bag it appeared.
Fielder is 0 for 5 with runners on base in the World Series. He began the night hitting just .205 with a homer and three RBIs this postseason.
Game 3 is scoreless heading to the second inning. Both starters appear to be throwing pretty well.
The award was created in 1999 and this is the first time that the two recipients are facing each other in the World Series.
In addition to that news conference, Selig and Hall of Fame slugger Frank Robinson, a Triple Crown winner in 1966, presented Cabrera with the Triple Crown Award.
The World Series has shifted to Detroit, and we’re ready to go for Game 3.
It might be a little difficult to tear yourself away from all this entertaining college football on TV, but there’s a big baseball game on tap.
Detroit went 50-31 at home this year and 4-0 during the AL playoffs.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again