- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Giants up 2-0 in 7th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
Giants lead 2-0 after three innings.
Pablo Sandoval decided sometime long ago that he was going to swing at the first pitch of his second at-bat.
Anibal Sanchez back to mound for third inning. He headed straight toward the clubhouse after the top of the second and Rick Porcello was warming in the bullpen for Detroit.
Here they go again. The Giants are taking advantage of every opportunity.
Hunter Pence drew a four-pitch walk from Sanchez to start the second inning. Pence stole second as Brandon Belt struck out and went to third on a wild pitch _ a high fastball that tailed way off target and glanced off catcher Alex Avila’s mitt.
With the count full, Gregor Blanco drove an off-speed pitch off the base of the wall in cavernous right-center for an easy triple that put San Francisco ahead.
The Giants are 8-1 when scoring first this postseason.
With two outs, Brandon Crawford lined an RBI single that fell just in front of speedy center fielder Austin Jackson.
In that situation _ two outs, a runner on third and the No. 9 hitter at the plate _ Jackson needs to be playing shallow enough that hardly anything can drop in front of him. A ball that gets over his head equals the same amount of runs as a ball that falls in front of him.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- Officials in three states bank on states' rights argument to stop gay marriage spread
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014