- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
Giants up 2-0 in 9th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
After getting 2 1-3 hitless innings of relief from Tim Lincecum, the Giants are handing the ball to closer Sergio Romo in the ninth. He’s trying to nail down a 2-0 win over Detroit for a commanding 3-0 lead in the World Series.
The bottom three in the lineup is due up for Detroit.
The Giants still lead 2-0 heading to the ninth inning.
The last time the Tigers were shut out in consecutive games was April 12-13, 2008, at the Chicago White Sox, according to STATS LLC. The last time Detroit was blanked twice in a row in a single postseason was Games 4 and 5 of the 1908 World Series by the Cubs.
The Giants are three outs from becoming the first team since the 1966 Baltimore Orioles (against the Los Angeles Dodgers) to throw consecutive shutouts in the World Series. The last NL team was the 1919 Cincinnati Reds (who probably had some help against the infamous Black Sox).
Tough luck for Tigers starter Anibal Sanchez, who allowed two runs over seven innings. He weathered a difficult second inning but hung in there.
FOX says Sanchez had the second-lowest run support in the majors this year (including his time with the Marlins). He had received two runs or fewer in 23 of 34 starts this season (including tonight).
Vogelsong has allowed one run or less in seven straight starts dating to the regular season. He joined Blue Moon Odom (1972) and Burt Hooton (1981) as the only pitches to make four straight starts in one postseason without yielding more than one run.
You get the feeling the Tigers are never going to get a big hit in this World Series.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama eulogizes Mandela, calls him 'the last great liberator'
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- NSA monitored 'World of Warcraft' players
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
This column will cover the experiential spectrum of music as well as politics and all the things caught in between.
Listening to the heartbeat of Louisiana, including events, food, family and culture.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow