- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
Giants up 2-0 in 9th, looking for 3-0 lead in WS
With two runners on in the bottom of the first inning, the meaty slugger grounded into an inning-ending double play.
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt made a nice pick of a wide and low throw from shortstop Brandon Crawford, barely keeping his foot on the bag it appeared.
Fielder is 0 for 5 with runners on base in the World Series. He began the night hitting just .205 with a homer and three RBIs this postseason.
Game 3 is scoreless heading to the second inning. Both starters appear to be throwing pretty well.
The award was created in 1999 and this is the first time that the two recipients are facing each other in the World Series.
In addition to that news conference, Selig and Hall of Fame slugger Frank Robinson, a Triple Crown winner in 1966, presented Cabrera with the Triple Crown Award.
The World Series has shifted to Detroit, and we’re ready to go for Game 3.
It might be a little difficult to tear yourself away from all this entertaining college football on TV, but there’s a big baseball game on tap.
Detroit went 50-31 at home this year and 4-0 during the AL playoffs.
Zooey Deschanel just sang the national anthem and we’re a few minutes from first pitch.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Human interest stories to feed interest, satisfy curiosity and see outside the box.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
News and views on the Civil War.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow