“After the first round we received enormous feedback from our U.S. audience,” says RT editor-in-chief Margarita Simonyan.
A STALL TACTIC
“We continue to learn more about the incident in Benghazi, yet we hear no response or explanation from President Obama. I remember the University of North Carolina basketball team, under coach Dean Smith, used a tactic called, ‘four corners.’ It was a stall tactic implemented, particularly in the second half, since there was no shot clock to run down the clock,” observes Rep. Allen B. West, Florida Republican, in a message to his local fans.
“It is evident by his appearances on those really tough media outlets like Inside Edition, Daily Show, Late Night, Tonight Show, and MTV that President Obama, a basketball enthusiast, learned about using the four corners. But there’s one difference. The president’s team has no lead on the scoreboard, and the American people have the ball. The only question is, will they slam dunk?”
POLL DU JOUR
• 77 percent of Americans say the religion of President Obama or Mitt Romney has “no effect” on whether they would vote for either candidate.
• 67 percent of Americans know that Mitt Romney is a Mormon, 26 percent do not know his faith, 2 percent say he is Protestant.
• 2 percent say Mr. Romney is Catholic, 2 percent refused or did not answer the question, 1 percent say he is “of some other religion.”
• 35 percent say President Obama has “no religion,” 28 percent refused or did nor answer the question, 28 percent say he is Protestant and 18 percent say the president is Jewish.
• 10 percent say Mr. Obama is Muslim, 5 percent say he is Catholic, 2 percent say he is of “some other religion,” 2 percent don’t know.
• 49 percent say President Obama was born in the U.S., 39 percent say he was born “in another country” and 12 percent refused or did not answer the question.
Source: An Associated Press survey of 1,071 U.S. adults conduced Aug. 30 to Sept. 11 and released Friday.
• Friendly reminders, outraged squawks to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John Solomon
How the government's punishing of the exposure of official wrongdoing can linger for years
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
A collection of reader guest articles, thoughts and opinions by Communities writers and breaking news and information.
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Paul Rondeau dissects the propaganda, media tricks, and other shenanigans targeting our families, faith, and freedom…and even life itself
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention