- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman
Question of the Day
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of the Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Atlanta _ Those Matt Ryan MVP chants are getting louder, and with good reason.
2. Houston _ This well-balanced club has the eyes of Texas fixed on a No. 1 playoff seeding.
3. New York Giants _ It’s not always pretty, but the defending champs usually find a winning formula.
4. San Francisco _ The Alex Smith bashers don’t have much to say this week, do they?
5. Chicago _ One day, those weekly defensive touchdowns will cease in the Windy City. One day.
6. New England _ Crossing the Atlantic seems to bring out the best in these Patriots.
7. Green Bay _ Until Greg Jennings returns, this offense will continue to struggle.
8. Denver _ Welcome back, Peyton, to the top rung of the NFL passing ladder.
9. Pittsburgh _ This defense is coming on strong, as Eli Manning is about to discover.
10. Baltimore _ With Ray Lewis sidelined, John Harbaugh is looking for new leaders. Any takers?
11. Miami _ Only the Bears and 49ers have allowed fewer points than the under-the-radar Dolphins.
12. Seattle _ They should improve to 4-0 at home by beating the reeling Vikings.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world