- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Florida judge slaps GOP’s redistricting plans: You ‘made a mockery’ of process
- Muslims give Obama high marks over first half of 2014
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: ‘It’s fantastic’
- Texas shooting suspect had faced other charges
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and ‘KILL my son!’
AP Pro32 ballot from Kaufman
Question of the Day
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of the Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Atlanta _ Those Matt Ryan MVP chants are getting louder, and with good reason.
2. Houston _ This well-balanced club has the eyes of Texas fixed on a No. 1 playoff seeding.
3. New York Giants _ It’s not always pretty, but the defending champs usually find a winning formula.
4. San Francisco _ The Alex Smith bashers don’t have much to say this week, do they?
5. Chicago _ One day, those weekly defensive touchdowns will cease in the Windy City. One day.
6. New England _ Crossing the Atlantic seems to bring out the best in these Patriots.
7. Green Bay _ Until Greg Jennings returns, this offense will continue to struggle.
8. Denver _ Welcome back, Peyton, to the top rung of the NFL passing ladder.
9. Pittsburgh _ This defense is coming on strong, as Eli Manning is about to discover.
10. Baltimore _ With Ray Lewis sidelined, John Harbaugh is looking for new leaders. Any takers?
11. Miami _ Only the Bears and 49ers have allowed fewer points than the under-the-radar Dolphins.
12. Seattle _ They should improve to 4-0 at home by beating the reeling Vikings.
13. Minnesota _ After an outstanding first month, Christian Ponder has lost his mojo.
14. Detroit _ That last-minute win vs. Seattle could trigger a surge in Motown.
15. Dallas _ Questions abound, but knocking off the unbeaten Falcons would be quite a statement.
16. Washington _ It took awhile, but RG3 finally looked like a rookie at Pittsburgh.
17. Tampa Bay _ The new-look Bucs have averaged 34 points in the past three weeks.
18. Philadelphia _ They’re getting overwhelmed in the trenches right now.
19. Indianapolis _ A win against Miami would leave the Colts in prime playoff shape at the midpoint.
20. Cincinnati _ Seeking to end a three-game slide after a week off to refresh.
21. New Orleans _ If Drew Brees isn’t at the top of his game, they have no chance.
22. San Diego _ Charger fans are wondering how it could all go so wrong, so fast.
23. New York Jets _ Something’s got to change in a hurry after the bye week.
24. Arizona _ Lambeau Field is hardly an easy place to end a four-game losing streak.
25. St. Louis _ They are 0-3 on the road, facing some tough challenges ahead.
26. Oakland _ They’ve stopped beating themselves, and that’s a start.
27. Buffalo _ A reliable ground game will be severely tested in Houston.
28. Tennessee _ On pace to allow 514 points this season. Ugh.
29. Cleveland _ Respectable at home, awful on the road.
30. Carolina _ Despite every opportunity to beat the Bears, they found another way to lose.
31. Jacksonville _ The NFL’s most drab attack has scored nine touchdowns in seven games.
32. Kansas City _ Thinking the unthinkable: going 0-8 at Arrowhead is now a distinct possibility.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Pennsylvania sends draft notices to 14K dead men: 'We made a mistake'
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs