Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of the Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Atlanta _ Those Matt Ryan MVP chants are getting louder, and with good reason.
2. Houston _ This well-balanced club has the eyes of Texas fixed on a No. 1 playoff seeding.
3. New York Giants _ It's not always pretty, but the defending champs usually find a winning formula.
4. San Francisco _ The Alex Smith bashers don't have much to say this week, do they?
5. Chicago _ One day, those weekly defensive touchdowns will cease in the Windy City. One day.
6. New England _ Crossing the Atlantic seems to bring out the best in these Patriots.
7. Green Bay _ Until Greg Jennings returns, this offense will continue to struggle.
8. Denver _ Welcome back, Peyton, to the top rung of the NFL passing ladder.
9. Pittsburgh _ This defense is coming on strong, as Eli Manning is about to discover.
10. Baltimore _ With Ray Lewis sidelined, John Harbaugh is looking for new leaders. Any takers?
11. Miami _ Only the Bears and 49ers have allowed fewer points than the under-the-radar Dolphins.
12. Seattle _ They should improve to 4-0 at home by beating the reeling Vikings.
13. Minnesota _ After an outstanding first month, Christian Ponder has lost his mojo.
14. Detroit _ That last-minute win vs. Seattle could trigger a surge in Motown.
15. Dallas _ Questions abound, but knocking off the unbeaten Falcons would be quite a statement.
16. Washington _ It took awhile, but RG3 finally looked like a rookie at Pittsburgh.
17. Tampa Bay _ The new-look Bucs have averaged 34 points in the past three weeks.
18. Philadelphia _ They're getting overwhelmed in the trenches right now.
19. Indianapolis _ A win against Miami would leave the Colts in prime playoff shape at the midpoint.
20. Cincinnati _ Seeking to end a three-game slide after a week off to refresh.
21. New Orleans _ If Drew Brees isn't at the top of his game, they have no chance.
22. San Diego _ Charger fans are wondering how it could all go so wrong, so fast.
23. New York Jets _ Something's got to change in a hurry after the bye week.
24. Arizona _ Lambeau Field is hardly an easy place to end a four-game losing streak.
25. St. Louis _ They are 0-3 on the road, facing some tough challenges ahead.
26. Oakland _ They've stopped beating themselves, and that's a start.
27. Buffalo _ A reliable ground game will be severely tested in Houston.
28. Tennessee _ On pace to allow 514 points this season. Ugh.
29. Cleveland _ Respectable at home, awful on the road.
30. Carolina _ Despite every opportunity to beat the Bears, they found another way to lose.
31. Jacksonville _ The NFL's most drab attack has scored nine touchdowns in seven games.
32. Kansas City _ Thinking the unthinkable: going 0-8 at Arrowhead is now a distinct possibility.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Taking a deeper look at the undeniable connection between mind and body from a writer and speaker on matters of health, and a practitioner of Christian Science.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
A carefully guided tour through the confusing world of modern bookselling and publishing.
Tea Party blasts IRS
Frederick Douglass statue unveiled
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013