- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Times247 website honored for best home page
The Washington Times-affiliated website Times247.com has won an EPPY Award award for best home page for sites drawing fewer than 1 million unique monthly visitors.
The international competition recognizes the best media-affiliated websites across 31 categories and is organized and sponsored by Editor & Publisher magazine, an industry publication.
Judgment criteria for online news gathering goes beyond the bounds of traditional press features such as content and credibility. The 68 judges from the United States and other countries considered user-friendliness, interactivity, innovative design, ease of navigation and even the elusive "wow" factor, which grants readers a singular experience.
"Innovation is what 21st-century newspapering has to be about, so we are proud to be a part of this new digital venture, Times247," said Washington Times Corporate Editor Robert Morton, who has overseen the website from its inception. "But the newspaper business has always been and still is about service to readers. The Times247 team is dedicated to providing Washington Times readers what they need and want: a 24/7 service of the best news and opinion breaking news."
"The look and feel of Times247 is really unique," said Managing Editor Dean Honeycutt, a 26-year veteran of The Washington Times. "It is so gratifying to see the site earn recognition for being a cutting-edge media concept."
The Times 24 site features an easily recognizable, signature home page that showcases exclusive news and opinion content from The Washington Times, plus a real-time spotlight on carefully curated news and commentary from other sources. Updates are constant, and variety is key. Content is included from many news organizations, insider blogs and policy sites, including Fox News, the Daily Caller, the Blaze and National Review.com.
This is the 17th year, meanwhile, for the EPPY Awards. Other news organizations also recognized in the competition include CNN, CBS, Associated Press, Sports Illustrated, NPR, Financial Times and USA Today.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- George P. Bush - son of Jeb - the lead figure in the Bush political push for now
- Inside the Beltway: The appeal of 'strong America'
- 4 MILLION WORDS: the U.S. Tax Code is seven times the length of 'War and Peace'
- Inside the Beltway: Lawmakers watch over the A-10
- IRKED: Seven out of 10 Americans say members of Congress are paid too much
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.