- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Nationals-Cardinals NLDS: Postseason experience not on Nats’ side
For the Nationals who haven’t been there before, be they the 19-year-old Harper or the long-suffering Ryan Zimmerman, finally will get their chance to go Sunday. DeRosa, a .358 hitter in 22 career postseason games, will not be among the group on the field. But he’ll be making the rounds in the clubhouse and the dugout, and he expects his teammates to learn a little something this week.
“The thing I’ll tell these guys is, you’re really going to find out who you are,” DeRosa said. “I always felt that. You really find out, can you handle the big stage or does it have a tendency to get too bright for you? That’s the thing I’ll try and harp on.
“There’s going to be moments where this crowd is going absolutely crazy and intense and you have to find a way to want that next ball hit to you or want to be the next guy coming to the plate. I think we’ve got guys on our team just like that, so I look forward to watching these guys play.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Marc Lancaster has covered Major League Baseball for the Tampa Tribune and the Cincinnati Post and served as an editor at FanHouse.com and SportsIllustrated.com. A University of Georgia graduate, he began his career as a sportswriter at the Athens (Ga.) Banner-Herald. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LANCASTER: Beyond Greg Maddux, Hall's Class of 2014 a gray area
- Tim Tebow to serve as SEC Network analyst; hasn't closed door on NFL career
- 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot led by newcomers Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine
- Katie Ledecky named U.S. Olympic SportsWoman of Year
- Navy-Air Force game Saturday a 'go' despite shutdown
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.