- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
U.S. drone strike in Pakistan kills 5 militants
Question of the Day
ISLAMABAD (AP) — Missiles from an American drone killed five militants in their hideout in a northwestern Pakistan tribal area, two Pakistani intelligence officials said Monday.
The two missiles, fired from the unmanned spy aircraft, slammed into the village of Dawar Musaki in the North Waziristan region, said the officials, who spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
They said that some of the dead were believed to be foreign fighters but they did not know how many or where they were from.
The CIA’s drone program is extremely controversial in Pakistan, where residents view it as an affront to their sovereignty and contend it often results in civilian deaths, which the U.S. denies. Washington says the program is vital to combating militants that threaten the United States.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors