- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
- U.S. clears sale of $680 million in Black Hawk helicopters to Mexico
- Justice Dept.’s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Kansas man wants ‘Murder’ tattoo removed from neck before murder trial
- Obama goes golfing as family mourns aunt’s death in Boston
- Atheists win prayer battle against California city council
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen’s Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
U.S. drone strike in Pakistan kills 5 militants
ISLAMABAD (AP) — Missiles from an American drone killed five militants in their hideout in a northwestern Pakistan tribal area, two Pakistani intelligence officials said Monday.
The two missiles, fired from the unmanned spy aircraft, slammed into the village of Dawar Musaki in the North Waziristan region, said the officials, who spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to the media.
They said that some of the dead were believed to be foreign fighters but they did not know how many or where they were from.
The CIA’s drone program is extremely controversial in Pakistan, where residents view it as an affront to their sovereignty and contend it often results in civilian deaths, which the U.S. denies. Washington says the program is vital to combating militants that threaten the United States.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014