- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Fairfax police seek ‘office creeper’
Question of the Day
A man police describe as an "office creeper" has been targeting doctor's offices in McLean and Falls Church stealing purses and wallets from patients.
Fairfax County police said the man has posed as a maintenance worker and hit at least seven offices since June.
The most recent theft was reported Sept. 20 at an office in the 8000 block of Arlington Boulevard. A patient at the office placed his belongings into a storage cubby before his appointment for physical therapy. When he returned to retrieve his belongings, his wallet was missing.
At the time, police said a man was seen walking around the area looking at vents and acting as though he was on a maintenance call.
Three other thefts have been reported in the 8000 block of Arlington Boulevard and three more in the 8000 block of Leesburg Pike, police said. Investigators believe a man seen close to the time of the latest theft could be related to the other thefts as well.
Police described the man as in his late 20s, wearing blue work pants, blue shirt and neon green traffic vest. They said the stolen credit cards have been used as gas stations in the D.C. area.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. 911 center reports dropped calls, long waits during power outage
- Forgotten vial of smallpox found in NIH storage room
- D.C. 911 system suffers 'catastrophic communications failure'
- Marijuana legalization activists turn in petition to put measure on D.C. ballot
- D.C. megaclub loses liquor license after weekend shooting
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Court orders Chicago to pay NRA's legal fees
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener