- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
McDuffie adamant about emergency funds as Bloomingdale floods
Mr. McDuffie took office in May after a special election to replace former council member Harry Thomas Jr., who resigned in January and pleaded guilty to stealing more than $350,000 in public funds intended for youth sports programs.
The new lawmaker has been vocal about flooding in Bloomingdale and decried the mayor’s plans to build a car barn for the District’s new streetcar system in his ward near Spingarn High School. Mr. McDuffie noted the city is ready to shell out millions for the barn, but the flooding issue is “well-documented” and leaves people in fear of leaving their homes.
“It’s occurring too frequently,” he said. “People are on pins and needles.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Obamacare 3 million shy of target — with 19 days left to sign up
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- Rate of uninsured Americans is dropping: Gallup
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- LOZANSKY: World War III over Ukraine, anyone?
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Minister sees breakthrough 'in months' for long-split Cyprus
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again