- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
RG3’s breathtaking debut one for the record books
Question of the Day
Paulsen credited offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan for masterfully operating all the new pieces on offense. In a team meeting Saturday night, Kyle predicted how the Saints would adjust to what the Redskins would begin the game with, and then he extrapolated a series of adjustments that would evolve.
“That’s almost exactly how the game fell,” Paulsen said. “He’s on his stuff. I think that’s one of the great things about Kyle as an offensive coordinator: he has got great foresight in terms of play-calling.”
Of course, it helped for the engineer to have the proper tools. Garcon’s touchdown catch and run was a revelation. He caught the ball 16 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and outran a defensive back for the remaining 72 yards.
“That is the stuff that really got me geeked up,” Paulsen said.
“You can win a high school state championship or get there a couple times, win a bowl game in college, do all those things,” he said. “But to play in the NFL, the pinnacle of it all and win your first game … it’s definitely number one on my list.”
With those words, he stepped away from the podium, leaving others to wonder how quickly he and his teammates will replace it at the top.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Donald Lambro
Even retail giant Wal-Mart shows telltale signs of trouble
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world