- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
Stephen Colbert hosting fundraiser for sister Elizabeth Busch’s congressional bid
Comedian Stephen Colbert plans to harness his star power to help raise money for his sister’s congressional campaign in South Carolina.
Ms. Colbert Busch is poised to face off against the winner of the Republican runoff Tuesday between former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford and former Charleston County councilor Curtis Bostic, and Green Party candidate Eugene Platt in a May 7 special election.
Her campaign released a poll from Lake Research Partners that showed she was running 3 points ahead of Mr. Sanford, and 9 points ahead of Mr. Bostic. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percent.
The South Carolina seat opened up after South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley tapped Rep. Tim Scott to the seat that former Sen. Jim DeMint vacated to take a job at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank in Washington.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
- Former Iowa GOP chief takes post with Rand Paul PAC
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown for conservative voters
- CPAC 2014: Poll shows GOP discontent, Congress frustration
- Palin dings Obama, calls for conservative reinforcements in Washington
Latest Blog Entries
- Most New Jersey voters say Gov. Chris Christie lied
- Political handicapper: GOP poised to win House seats in 2014
- Axelrod: Christie can recover from the bridge scandal
- ACLJ: Appointment of Obama supporter to lead IRS probe 'troubling'
- Americans support minimum wage increase, extending jobless benefits: poll
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Man with stolen passport on missing jet is asylum seeker
- Al Qaeda to launch English-language Web magazine 'Resurgence'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again