- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
Two-thirds of Americans say Congress is the worst
Question of the Day
The disapproval of Congress spans gender, age, economic status and political party, with all groups agreeing that Congress is the worst. Older Americans, who have more Congresses to compare to in their lifetime, are more frustrated with the 113th Congress than younger survey respondents.
The frustration with Congress‘ lack of productivity also isn’t more politically damaging to one side — those surveyed blame both parties for the gridlock in Washington, CNN reported.
Fewer than 60 bills have progressed through Congress and been signed into law in 2013.
The survey collected responses from more than 1,000 adults across the country by telephone from Dec. 16-19. The margin of error is 3 percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jacqueline Klimas covers Capitol Hill for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- House passes VA reform compromise
- Senate bill quadruples fines for colleges that stay silent on sexual assault
- Rep. Jeff Miller: 'Ain't no leash for VA'
- Newly confirmed VA chief greeted with lawsuit over military sex assault treatment
- Robert McDonald confirmed as VA secretary
Latest Blog Entries
- Miss. GOP chair: Huckabee distracting from GOP's reasonable pro-life stance
- Commerce Secretary 'optimistic' about U.S.'s economic standing worldwide
- Less than half of registered voters would re-elect their congressman, poll finds
- Half of registered voters in Va. would re-elect Sen. Mark Warner
- 2013 was second most polarizing year of Obama's presidency
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world