- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Two-thirds of Americans say Congress is the worst
The disapproval of Congress spans gender, age, economic status and political party, with all groups agreeing that Congress is the worst. Older Americans, who have more Congresses to compare to in their lifetime, are more frustrated with the 113th Congress than younger survey respondents.
The frustration with Congress‘ lack of productivity also isn’t more politically damaging to one side — those surveyed blame both parties for the gridlock in Washington, CNN reported.
Fewer than 60 bills have progressed through Congress and been signed into law in 2013.
The survey collected responses from more than 1,000 adults across the country by telephone from Dec. 16-19. The margin of error is 3 percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jacqueline Klimas covers Capitol Hill for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- Veterans push to test marijuana as a life-saving treatment for crippling PTSD
- Three lawmakers finish Boston Marathon
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema to run in Boston Marathon to honor bombing victims
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Latest Blog Entries
- Miss. GOP chair: Huckabee distracting from GOP's reasonable pro-life stance
- Commerce Secretary 'optimistic' about U.S.'s economic standing worldwide
- Less than half of registered voters would re-elect their congressman, poll finds
- Half of registered voters in Va. would re-elect Sen. Mark Warner
- 2013 was second most polarizing year of Obama's presidency
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014