- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
MSNBC panel: Romney photo with black grandson ‘sums up the diversity’ of GOP
In a “Photos of the Year” segment of MSNBC’s “Melissa Harris-Perry” program on Sunday, several members of the host’s panel decided to poke fun at former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his adopted black grandson.
Miss Harris-Perry threw up a photo of Mr. Romney surrounded by his entire family, all of whom are white, except for baby Kieran, who was introduced to the Romney family in September. Miss Harris-Perry then asked her panel to caption the photo, the Right Scoop first reported.
Actress Pia Glenn can be heard off-camera singing, “One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn’t the same.”
The host then mused at the possibility of a marriage between Kieran Romney and North West — child of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
“Can you imagine Mitt Romney and Kanye West as in-laws?” she asked.
“I think this picture is great,” comedian Dean Obeidallah chimed in. “It really sums up the diversity of the Republican party and the RNC, where they have the whole convention and they find the one black person.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discovery Channel cancels Mt. Everest jump after avalanche kills 13
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur
- 7-year-old twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.