- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
MSNBC panel: Romney photo with black grandson ‘sums up the diversity’ of GOP
Question of the Day
In a “Photos of the Year” segment of MSNBC’s “Melissa Harris-Perry” program on Sunday, several members of the host’s panel decided to poke fun at former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his adopted black grandson.
Miss Harris-Perry threw up a photo of Mr. Romney surrounded by his entire family, all of whom are white, except for baby Kieran, who was introduced to the Romney family in September. Miss Harris-Perry then asked her panel to caption the photo, the Right Scoop first reported.
Actress Pia Glenn can be heard off-camera singing, “One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn’t the same.”
The host then mused at the possibility of a marriage between Kieran Romney and North West — child of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
“Can you imagine Mitt Romney and Kanye West as in-laws?” she asked.
“I think this picture is great,” comedian Dean Obeidallah chimed in. “It really sums up the diversity of the Republican party and the RNC, where they have the whole convention and they find the one black person.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Killer's sentencing overturned because mother couldn't find seat in courtroom
- Hundreds gather at Lincoln Memorial to honor Korean War veterans
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world