- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
Qatar to hand over Syrian Embassy to rebel Syrian National Coalition
Question of the Day
Qatar is poised to turn over control of the Syrian Embassy in its capital city of Doha to the main opposition group fighting against Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime.
The announcement is not entirely surprising, since Qatar was one of the first nations to recognize the Syrian National Coalition as the leading force for the Syrian population, the BBC reports.
The embassy soon will fly the opposition group's flag, while the SNC ambassador will be given full diplomatic status, the BBC reports.
The move comes at a time when Syria's former Foreign Ministry spokesman has abandoned the government's regime out of despair that promised reforms would fail, the BBC reports. Jihad Makdissi disappeared from Damascus in December, the BBC said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- EPA tweet baffles: 'I'm now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on 'industrial scale'
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and 'punish those' who oppose amnesty
- 2 Americans killed in Gaza fighting for Israel: 'We lost a gem'
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- EDITORIAL: Snipers from the left target Hillary
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq