- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Jeter calls offseason `absolutely terrible’
“I think he’s going to do everything he can to play opening day, that’s who he is,” Girardi said. “We’re just going to have to watch and see how he progresses. But knowing Derek, I feel like he’ll be ready.”
The Yankees‘ first full squad workout is Monday. Third baseman Alex Rodriguez is not with the team as he continues a rehab program after hip surgery in New York.
“It’s going to be odd that’s he not here,” Jeter said.
Notes: LHP CC Sabathia (left elbow bone spur surgery) felt fine one day after his first bullpen session. … Girardi said Travis Hafner will strictly be a DH. “People that need a first baseman’s glove call me,” Hafner said with a smile. … 1B Mark Teixeira, who often struggles offensively in April, expects that playing for the United States in the World Baseball Classic will help. “Absolutely,” Teixeira said. “I think it will be good.” … Minor league reliever Mark Montgomery was scratched from his batting practice session because of back stiffness. … Minor league INF David Adams also has back problems.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!