- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Bowyer reels in charity fishing victory
Question of the Day
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - Clint Bowyer has reeled in another win, with a catch.
It wasn't a NASCAR race.
Bowyer won his third Hot Rods & Reels charity fishing tournament Friday at Daytona International Speedway. Bowyer and his fishing team of Jeff Smith, Kimberley Meesters and Kelby Waldrip won the tournament by catching three bass with a combined weight of 10.04 pounds.
The fishing tournament pairs NASCAR drivers with sponsors and race fans for a day of fishing on Lake Lloyd during Speedweeks to benefit the foundation's Wheelchair Donation Program and Patient Assistance Fund. The Darrell Gwynn Foundation's mission is to provide support for people with paralysis and help prevent spinal cord injuries.
"I just want everyone to know this is my third title," Bowyer said. "This is such a great event."
The foundation, on behalf of its donors and supporters, donated a $22,000 custom power wheelchair to 9-year-old Addison Santana of Orlando, Fla.
Jack Thorton of Extreme Super Truck caught the biggest fish of the day, netting a 4.33-pound bass.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world