- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
Obama finally talks of Tiger Woods: ‘He’s on another planet’
President Obama finally spoke publicly Wednesday about his secretive golf game with Tiger Woods during the Presidents Day weekend.
"He's on another planet," the president told ABC7 wews anchor Dan Ashley.
"He plays a different game than I do," he said about the world's No. 2 golfer. "I don't think either party was nervous, he knew that I wasn't a big threat to his world ranking and I knew that I better keep my day job."
The two met up for their first-ever round together last Sunday at a luxury golf resort in Florida.
Mr. Woods said Tuesday that winning alongside Mr. Obama against a team including U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Houston Astros owner Jim Crane was "pretty cool."
"He's just a wonderful person to be around. And we won," Mr. Woods said ahead of the Match Play Championship.
The traveling pool of journalists who were invited to cover the president's minivacation were furious when they reportedly were shut out of the golf round.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- Cardinal Dolan: Pope's remarks on same-sex unions not an endorsement
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Dennis Rodman: 'I won't go back' to North Korea
- Florida's Charlie Crist heaps praise on Obama: 'God bless him'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again