- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
Women’s basketball coach shoots attackers to protect students
A 70-year-old women’s basketball coach at a Detroit high school shot two men trying to attack him while walking two girls to their cars in the school parking lot Friday night.
The coach, who has not yet been named, told 7 Action News that he was walking the girls to their cars at Martin Luther King Jr. Senior High School when one of the robbers pulled out a gun and grabbed him by his chain necklace.
The coach then pulled out his concealed weapon and shot both of the attackers, who once attended the high school. The first teen was found dead on the median on Larned Street, and the second teen, a 16-year-old, was shot in the stomach and is in serious condition at Detroit Receiving Hospital.
The coach has a concealed pistol license and is a reserve police officer, ABC reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- Booze and bullets? Oklahoma gun range seeks liquor license
- Suspected Islamic gunmen kidnap 100 girls from Nigeria secondary school: reports
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes