- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
Miami 3-0 in ACC after beating Maryland 54-47
“I was just being relentless, not quitting on the play and putting pressure on the rim,” Gamble said.
Maryland got to within 39-34 with 4 minutes remaining on Wells‘ layup and Logan Aronhalt’s 3-pointer.
Len’s dunk with 2:20 remaining got the Terrapins within 43-38, but McKinney Jones’ corner 3-pointer with 1:40 left stretched Miami’s lead to 46-38.
Kadji hit consecutive 3-pointers early in the game as the Hurricanes opened to a 12-5 lead in the first 8:21. Miami maintained the advantage, forcing seven Terrapins turnovers in the first 10 minutes.
Maryland didn’t reach double figures in points until Nick Faust’s layup with 6:23 remaining in the first half reduced Miami’s lead to 16-11.
Miami failed to take advantage of the Terrapins’ shooting woes. The Hurricanes were held scoreless the rest of the half — missing their final eight shots — after McKinney Jones’ 3-pointer with 4:36 remaining gave Miami a 19-11 lead.
“On any given night you’re going to have bad shooting,” Larkin said. “Tonight we focused on defense. It’s frustrating not making shots, but you can’t let that affect you.”
Len’s basket with 3.8 seconds remaining ended a field goal drought of 6:20 for Maryland. The Terrapins shot 21.4 percent (6 of 28) in the first half.
“It’s hard for us to score right now,” Turgeon said. “Our decision-making has to get better.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.