- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
Fans get to vote on format of Sprint Unlimited
Question of the Day
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) - The format for the first NASCAR race of the year will be determined by race fans.
Fans will be able to vote on the length of the race segments, pit stops and how many cars will be eliminated after the second segment of the exhibition Sprint Unlimited scheduled for Feb. 16 at Daytona International Speedway. The race was previously known as the Budweiser Shootout, and is the official kickoff for Speedweeks.
The lineup of 22 drivers will be comprised of 2012 pole winners and past Shootout champions. Fan can vote on NASCAR's new mobile app or at NASCAR.com. Votes on the NASCAR Mobile '13 app will count twice.
Fans can also vote on the style of firesuit Miss Sprint Cup will wear in Victory Lane.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow