- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Texas ads to New Yorkers: Come on down!
The attorney general of Texas, Greg Abbott, has extended an invitation to New Yorkers frustrated by politicos’ push to grab gun rights: Come to Texas.
Mr. Abbott made the invitation in a series of Internet advertisements. One reads, “Wanted: Law abiding New York gun owners looking for lower taxes and greater opportunity.” Another asks, “Is Gov. Cuomo looking to take your guns?”
The ads come on the heels of tough gun regulations Cuomo signed into law last week. The new laws add more semiautomatic rifles to the list of restricted assault weapons, increase the frequency of background checks, and prohibit purchase of ammunition magazines that hold more than seven rounds. Mr. Cuomo also pushed through expansions to mental health laws to require psychiatric providers to report to the government those patients who are considered dangerous to themselves or others.
Linked to Mr. Abbott’s Internet ads was a letter posted on Facebook: “Here in Texas, you will have the liberty and the opportunity to achieve your dreams. On top of that, we have no income tax, yet still manage to have a multibillion dollar budget surplus.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again