- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Texas ads to New Yorkers: Come on down!
Question of the Day
The attorney general of Texas, Greg Abbott, has extended an invitation to New Yorkers frustrated by politicos’ push to grab gun rights: Come to Texas.
Mr. Abbott made the invitation in a series of Internet advertisements. One reads, “Wanted: Law abiding New York gun owners looking for lower taxes and greater opportunity.” Another asks, “Is Gov. Cuomo looking to take your guns?”
The ads come on the heels of tough gun regulations Cuomo signed into law last week. The new laws add more semiautomatic rifles to the list of restricted assault weapons, increase the frequency of background checks, and prohibit purchase of ammunition magazines that hold more than seven rounds. Mr. Cuomo also pushed through expansions to mental health laws to require psychiatric providers to report to the government those patients who are considered dangerous to themselves or others.
Linked to Mr. Abbott’s Internet ads was a letter posted on Facebook: “Here in Texas, you will have the liberty and the opportunity to achieve your dreams. On top of that, we have no income tax, yet still manage to have a multibillion dollar budget surplus.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world