- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
Dem pol disses women on campaign trail
The Democratic Party may be facing a public relations ding with women.
A Democratic candidate seeking a New York City Council seat, Ed Hartzog, responded Tuesday to a female reporter’s question about campaign finances this way: “What’s a pretty girl like you doing reading these?”
Raw Story reports that Mr. Hartzog — a 50-year-old former staffer for disgraced Rep. Anthony Weiner, who resigned from office in June 2011 following a sexting scandal — realized his faux pas immediately.
“I hope for goodness sake that my flippant comment isn’t going to be part of the story,” Mr. Hartzog reportedly said. “I was just sort of being something. I hope you didn’t take offense by that. I didn’t mean to be offensive.”
The reporter, Victoria Bekiempis from DNAInfo.com, asked specifically about filings that showed 10 of Mr. Hartzog’s 21 donors hailing from out of state.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arlington National Cemetery short on graveside wreaths
- Wendy's worker mistakenly serves burger with marijuana joint
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal 'closer' than ever
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!