- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Breakout: Thousands of crocodiles flee South African farm
An estimated 15,000 crocodiles escaped a farm in South Africa, and half are still on the loose, according to the local media.
One was captured wandering on a school athletic field — 75 miles from the farm, Reuters reports.
The escape came on the heels of widespread flooding from nearby rivers. Farm workers reportedly opened the gates so the crocodiles would not be crushed in the wave of waters.
"There used to be only a few crocodiles in the Limpopo River," one resident was quoted as saying in the local Beeld newspaper. "Now there are a lot."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Glenn Beck takes on Hollywood with big movie production plans
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: 'None of your business'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Atheists lodge complaint against Clemson football program for prayers, Bible studies
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014