- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
House Dems offer big tickets for campaign cash
The Super Bowl. Lady Gaga. March Madness. Tickets to any one of these events are extremely costly, but for the right price, House Democrats are willing to put them into a donor's hands.
The Washington Free Beacon reported on the exchange of highly sought-after tickets for political gifts:
• A gift of $10,000 to Michigan Representative John Conyers' reelection effort will land donors two tickets to the Super Bowl.
• Representative Gwen Moore of Wisconsin is asking for $4,000 for a pair of club level seats at the Verizon Center in Washington for a Feb. 25 performance by pop star Lady Gaga.
• Florida Representative Ted Deutch is looking for donors who can be enticed by an upcoming Pink show at the Verizon Center.
• Democratic Reps. Jim Moran of Virginia and Dutch Ruppersberger of Maryland are offering tickets to March's NCAA basketball tournament for $1,000 apiece.
Neither the House members holding the events nor the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee responded to the Free Beacon's requests for comment.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
- 'I Am Alive' app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Philadelphia using high-frequency sonic waves to chase off teenagers, improve security
- Teen from 'Jihad Jane' plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.