- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Pregnant woman, boyfriend, five children killed in Kentucky house fire
Question of the Day
A Kentucky house fire Saturday left a pregnant woman, her boyfriend and five children dead from smoke inhalation, a coroner said.
Knox County Coroner Mike Blevins said the woman was the mother of three of the children who died, while two other children were from another family visiting for a sleepover.
"They were the best kids in the world," William Gray, the father of the three, told the Lexington Herald-Leader.
Family members identified the adults as Jesse Disney, who was in his mid-20s; his girlfriend, Nina Asher, 22, who was pregnant with their child; and her three children from a prior relationship, William, 3, Camden, 2, and Abigail, who was not quite a year old.
The fire occurred in Gray, near Corbin, in southeastern Kentucky.
Mr. Blevins and the Kentucky State Police said the cause of the blaze was still under investigation, Fox News reports.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
- Pro-Palestinian protesters stage 'die-in' outside Seattle Boeing offices
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Chicago-area cop kills dog in front of 6-year-old owner, witnesses say
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq